The Management Console
Accessing the Management Console
The Management Console is accessed at http:// <IP Address of AP-040> :81/ using the default Username and Password of the system:
You will be able to create administrative user profiles from within the Management Console.
On successful login you will arrive at the Welcome screen.
You are now able to navigate the interface using the menu located at the left hand side. After 15 minutes of inactivity you will automatically be logged out of the Management Console. Refresh the screen and you will be prompted to log in again.
The Management Console is a web-based interface used in the monitoring and managing of the configurations and performance of your Netspark appliance.
The Management Console can be accessed from any computer within the same local network as the appliance using your choice of web browser. To extend access to the Management Console beyond your local network, you will need to open access to the IP Address defined for your AP-040 appliance.
Through the Management Console you are able to execute many commands on the machine itself, as well as retrieve data from the machine to monitor performance, traffic on your network, etc. The Management Console is organized into functional sections, which make up the core sections of the navigation menu:
- Overview - The Overview menu section provides a high level glimpse of system performance and activity.
- Network Settings - These screens present the key network definitions for the appliance.
- Firewall Settings - A built in firewall functionality that can be activated to block unauthorized connections.
- Network Services - Provides access to additional optional functional features of your NetSpark appliance.
- System Maintenance - Support in the maintenance and management of your Dynamic Internet Guard APP-040.
- Administrator Access - Create and manage the administrator accounts
- Diagnostic Tools - Use command line features like ping, nslookup, arping etc.
- System Reboot - Force machine reboot
- Backup & Restore - Save system backup file and restore it when needed
- Time Zone Settings - Set your local time
- Troubleshooting - What to do if something goes wrong
- Documentation - Download our guides
- Technical Support - Contact us
- Update - Download a new version of filtration system
- Content Filtering - Set filtration definitions